Careers & Internships
About Country Club Prep: Country Club Prep is the internet's premier marketplace for preppy apparel, accessories, and lifestyle.
We offer the best products from the best preppy designers, including Barbour, Sperry Top-Sider, Jack Rogers, Southern Tide, Southern Proper, Lauren James, Smathers & Branson, Lacoste, and more than 150 other fantastic brands. In addition to our e-commerce site, Country Club Prep features brick and mortar stores in Charlottesville, VA, Lexington, KY, Louisville, KY, and Peachtree City, GA.
Job Listing: Content Writer / Social Media Intern
Pay: Class Credit or Hourly Rate Available
Job Description: The Content Writer / Social Media Intern will create product listings and content posts on Country Club Prep’s e-commerce website. This includes copywriting for individual products (e.g., providing product specifications and creating witty, SEO-friendly product descriptions) as well as creating organic content for the on-site blog.
The Intern will also create content for Country Club Prep’s social media channels (~150k followers), and depending on skill level, press releases and other written communiques.
Country Club Prep’s office environment is extremely casual and often fun, and we’re looking for talented people to join the team. Must love dogs (seriously – we have dogs in the office every day).
Desired Skills and Expertise:
The applicant should:
- Have at least a passing comfort level with graphic design.
- Be outgoing, highly organized, and motivated.
- Be witty.
- Be conversant in memes.
- Be confident in his or her writing skills.
- Have impeccable grammar and be willing to ditch it for a laugh.
- Have experience in humor writing and/or blogging.
- Have strong computer skills.
- Have a passion for and/or background in fashion/retail.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, both in-person and via email correspondence.
- Have writing samples to provide upon request.
- Be willing to have fun and join in the culture of a young, fast-growing start-up.
Desired Start Date: Spring / Summer 2019
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.