Today began the 144th playing of the British Open (which is simply known as "The Open"), at the mecca of golf, the Old Course at the Royal And Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews in Scotland.
Here in the states golf and country club are all but synonymous, so below is a smattering of Country Club Prep's smashing golf-themed gear.
All of it would be perfect to pack in your suitcase for a pilgrimage to the home of golf. Think playing the Old Course is only a dream? It's actually easier than you might think; in fact, the St. Andrews website flatly says it's easier than you might think.
The tricky part is getting yourself to Scotland (planes and ships are a good bet), and making your plans a year in advance. There is a 20-day window to make reservations this year from August 26 to September 14, but that's to play next year. The busy season is from April to the end of October. But if you're traveling by yourself, it's possible just to show up and join a twosome or threesome, though St. Andrews obviously can't make any guarantees.
- Old Course Scene Needlepoint Belt in Multi by Smathers & Branson
- Judge Smails Golf Flags Leather Tab Belt in Navy by Country Club Prep
- Golf Clubs Needlepoint Hat in Navy by Smathers & Branson
- Boat Shoe Golf Shoe in Augusta Green by Canoos
- Bushwood Golf Swing Leather Tab Belt in Navy by Canoos
- Tourney Golf Shirt in Mint Green by Southern Proper
- The Golf Swing Pocket Tee in New Navy by Knot Clothing Belt Co.
- Golf Cart Needlepoint Flask in Hunter Green by Smathers & Branson
- Timeless Traditions Golf T-Shirt in Grey by State Traditions
- American Made Classic Golf Tee in Navy by Collared Greens
- Highland Golf Pant in Navy by Maide Golf Bonobos